Other Information / Our Release Process
Note: You are currently reading the documentation for Bolt 2.2. Looking for the documentation for Bolt 3.6 instead?
Since branching Bolt v1 and commencing on the path to Bolt v2 we've spent time thinking about how, as a community based project, to best manage our release process.
Some of the points that we're trying to consider in this discussion are:
- Keep the project moving… don't stagnate
- Keep our processes in line with our vision of simplicity
- Keep the management of processes from interfering with the fun we have writing the code, documentation, and community interaction
- Learn from the success of other projects, as well as from their mistakes
- Release early, release often!
Schedule & Roadmap¶
Release schedules follow the basic pattern of:
- 14 day feature window (hard limit)
- 14 day bug fix window (soft end-limit)
- 14 day contingency window (only if required)
An example would be:
|Window||Open (09:00 UTC)||Close (midnight UTC)|
|Feature||09 March 2015||22 March 2015|
|Bug Fix||23 March 2015||05 April 2015|
|Release||06 April 2015||n/a|