Other / Our Release Process
Note: You are currently reading the documentation for Bolt 4.0. Looking for the documentation for Bolt 3.7 instead?
Since branching Bolt v1 and onwards, we've spent time thinking about how - as a community based project - we could best manage our release process.
Some of the points that we're trying to consider in this discussion are:
- Keep the project moving, don't stagnate
- Keep our processes in line with our vision of simplicity
- Keep the management of processes from interfering with the fun we have writing the code, documentation, and community interaction
- Learn from the success of other projects, as well as from their mistakes
- Release early, release often!
Schedule & Roadmap¶
Release schedules follow the basic pattern of:
- 14 day feature window (hard limit)
- 14 day bug fix window (soft end-limit)
- 14 day contingency window (only if required)
An example would be:
|Window||Open (09:00 UTC)||Close (midnight UTC)|
|Feature||09 March 2016||22 March 2016|
|Bug Fix||23 March 2016||05 April 2016|
|Release||06 April 2016||n/a|